The Federal Government has announced the appointment of Dr Abdul Zubair as acting Director-General, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
Mrs Efe Ebelo of the commission’s Corporate Communications Unit, said in a statement yesterday in Lagos that the appointment was with immediate effect.
Ebelo stated that the appointment followed the suspension of Mr Munir Gwarzo, the commission’s boss.
But who is Abdul Zubair?
- Abdul Zubair is an alumnus of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he received B.Sc. Economics, MBA, M.Sc. and PhD business Administration degrees.
- He also holds PGD (Mathematics & Computer Science) and PGD (Education) from other universities.
- He has over 25 years’ cognate experience in the financial industry and the academia.
- His career transverse banking, private and public service and the academia.
- Prior to joining SEC Nigeria, Zubair served on the board of Intercity Bank Plc, Nigeria and Minna Pharmaceutical and Surgical Company Ltd.
- He was also Group Managing Director, Niger State Trust Fund and NST Finance Ltd. He is a fellow of the Institute of Corporate Administrators and Marketing Academy of Nigeria, a member of the Institute of Management Consultants, a certified Commodity Broker and Certified member of Pension Institute of Nigeria.
- He has attended several local and international courses at middle, executive and top management levels.
- He is married with children and has been contributing to academic journals worldwide.
- Until his appointment, Zubair was the Director in charge of External Relations in the commission.