Sequel to the inauguration of the NBA Constitution Review Committee, by the President of the Nigerian Bar Association, A.B Mahmoud, SAN, OON on Tuesday the 26th day of September ,2017 the Committee hereby calls for Memoranda from all Stakeholders , the Branches of the NBA and members of the Legal Profession.
The Terms of Reference of the Committee are as follows:
- To thoroughly study the NBA Constitution with a view to identifying areas that require amendment and propose appropriate amendment that will promote the objectives of the Bar.
2. To review the NBA Constitution and receive memoranda from members on all aspect of the NBA Constitution that require amendment.
3. To propose appropriate amendment in the areas pointed out in the President’s speech where the Constitution is lacking
4. To review and propose amendments as may be deemed necessary to the NBA Constitution.
5. To propose amendment(s) that in the opinion of the Committee would bring the NBA Constitution in line with best international practice(s).
6. To prepare a draft NBA Constitution for presentation at NEC at the Extra- Ordinary General Meeting within six (6) weeks of inauguration.
8. To do any other activity (ies) incidental to the above terms of Reference.
The memo should be addressed to the Chairman of the NBA Constitution Review Committee, and sent to the National Secretariat of the NBA at NBA House, Plot 1101, Muhammed Buhari Way, Cadastral Zone A00, Central Business District, Abuja on or beforeFriday 13 day of October, 2017 by 5:00pm.
For further enquiries, contact the following numbers:
Ajijola Omega Sarah 08039177886 Damilare Ojo 07086497580